Yo! I was interviewed on Tosh.0 about my stand-up and Tourette’s. People keep asking me about it, so here are some details:
- Daniel Tosh was extremely kind! Both on, and off the camera. The conversation was real and honest. He gave me some genuinely good advice.
- All of the staff was also very kind, and so was Andy Kindler
- The intro when he says “I know we’ve had some run in’s in the past,” the swear jar, the cats, and the ending swear jar, were scripted or semi-scripted. The rest was an actual interview.
- No, I do not actually have a sitcom
- I do not support the shows view’s lol. In general, I tend to personally morally agree with non-offensive comedy.
Here’s some retroactive self-criticism:
- The part about sexual arousal giving me Tourette’s followed by “that’s why, when I saw you earlier,” is a bad and thinly veiled gay joke.
- I think “good luck explaining that in time” for the n-word was implying that I would be attacked physically. Not saying the n-word because you are afraid black people are going to beat you up is a racist reason not to say the n-word lol.
- Saying that people find the Tourette’s cute feels douchey to me